How do I get my ducks to eat food other than Mazuri?

Judy4222

Songster
7 Years
Feb 19, 2017
Saint Cloud, Florida USA
For the last year, I have fed my ducks Mazuri duck food. Now they will not eat anything but Mazuri. I have tried chicken pellets, chick food, and cat food. It is getting way to expensive to continue the Mazuri, although I just did put another order in, I hope it is the last one. Does anyone have an alternative to Mazuri?

For the last year, I have fed my ducks Mazuri duck food. Now they will not eat anything but Mazuri. I have tried chicken pellets, chick food, and cat food. It is getting way to expensive to continue the Mazuri, although I just did put another order in, I hope it is the last one. Does anyone have an alternative to Mazuri?
Gradually change the food by mixing it together. Start with a 3:1 mazuri to ? Ratio and then gradually increase the amount of x and decrease the amount of mazuri.

Gradually change the food by mixing it together. Start with a 3:1 mazuri to ? Ratio and then gradually increase the amount of x and decrease the amount of mazuri.

This is great advice.
If you mix the new feed up with their current feed you can slowly add more of the new feed each time you feed them and eventually cut out the old feed entirely.

Post a picture of it..The actual feed. Is that more of a grain based feed?..I'm in Alberta, Canada so feed for Ducks is easy here but I might be able too help you?

Its just a plain white bag that i purchase through Mazuri which is owned by Purina. It isn't cheap and I have to pay for shipping. It is the avian waterfowl maintenance, starter and breeder.

Back
Top Bottom