How do I get my ducks to use there pool.

Featherlove23

Chirping
Apr 29, 2022
Idaho
My ducks have had access to water since I got them. They are now 4 weeks old and won't go into the pool. I've seen them play in water bins I have them. Now they have a kiddie pool to use and have only seen them use it once on there own. They will be panting and I have to put them in it only for them to crawl out. Am I doing something wrong?

If it's new, they may be afraid of it still. It may take time for them to get used to it. It may also be to high for them to get in. Make sure they have can easily get in an out. If they don't like the pool, they may just be happy with a bowl.

What breed are they? Not all ducks stay on the water all the time.
I believe they are Pekins or white layer 🤷. One seems to not mind it. The other won't go in the water. I've had to put her in the water a few times to cool her off. It's a temporary set up till there pen is built.i added two more bricks prior to the photo. The one was still to low. They're permanent pool will be an ground pool with a ramp.

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_122941678.jpg
    IMG_20220516_122941678.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 22
The pool looks good and the ducklings are adorable. That feeder is too small they need something they can get their bills into. Rubber bowls work well TSC and they are heavy enough to not tip over

Back
Top Bottom