How do I get my ducks up the ramp?

Yeh, I think that ramp is a little steep for ducks. You could make it longer, or put a block under the end. The shingles ^^ work, have used them on people steps. Plus they are pretty contrary about bedtime. :)

I can't cut the lower because a run is attached to it and they like going underneath it

I really do think it would be best to move the coop to the ground since you have ducks, not chickens. I know the shelter of the coop above is nice but maybe you could find a way to add a screened in lean-to. I’d add it to the front, encasing the pop door. That way you still have access to the clean-out.
Excellent idea! Cut the bottom, reuse some of it and maybe add a bit to make it bigger by attaching it to the end so they walk straight out into their run.

I did put cinder blocks on the backside cuz they use that to get in the pool, I made a wider one in front with traction and they went half way up, I put their fav treat mealworms in water and they tried. They are 2months plus and pretty big now, but the Pekin is kinda heavy. Biggest problem is they still want to come in with me,..

I used to have ducks, we built our duck house onto blocks, total 24 inches off the ground. a 2 foot wide, 6 foot long ramp worked. It was made of thicker plywood, about 2/3 or 3/4 inch thick. It was coated with deck paint, which gave it traction. No boards across it like you would do for a steep narrow chicken ramp.

My coop is about 3' off the ground with a 16" wide ramp by 8' long. My 3 ducks have no problem using it.
I would caught one and help it learn to use the ramp. The other 2 ducks would run up it so they could all be together.
It did take over a week with me helping them.
Now all I have to do is turn on a night light and they put themselves to bed.

Not working so far,..I need to lower the slope with so kind of traction devices for them not to slip
Answered here:
It's too steep.
Put a concrete block(8" high) under the low end.
If they can't jump up the 8" you may have to add other appropriately sized 'steps'...
..... or make a longer ramp.

IMG_3301.JPG
Hello..I'd build a platform out the pop door and have the ramp running against it.. so the Ducks feel secure going up..

I think I will do that, I have cinder box steps on the other side and I made a temporary ramp in front but I can only get them to go halfway up,..they are suspicious going through the little door, they don't like to feel trapped so I have steps/ramps on both sides,..but they go through the doggy door and like being on the back porch, I spoiled them too much already

Back
Top Bottom