How do I get paint off hardware cloth?

I sprayed my hardware clothe with silver paint but it was on the wire on my enclosed run, which is mostly wire and I just shut the chickens out of it until it was dry, which dosent take long but like CluckerFamily said, put card board behind your wire, since you will be painting around your coop.

I have definitely considered that! I love the look of black hardware cloth. Do you spray it on to keep it from dripping?
I used a smaller roller for mine & brush with not too much paint at a time on it, close to the wood. Absolutely love the hardware wire painted black...use flat black...better in my opinion. I think you will love it..

Try using alcohol - denatured, not drinking. It's usually pretty effective at removing latex paint and should break down the primer. If that's not sufficient, try a fine wire wheel in a drill. Make sure it's one of the finer wheels; the medium and coarse will likely stretch the hardware cloth. Final option, soften the paint with the alcohol and then use the wire wheel. Beyond that, I got nothin'.

Back
Top Bottom