How do I get rid of a NASTY rooster???

Jossy J

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
I'm in a sticky situation. I have two banty roosters - a cochin and a dark brahma. I have them because a friend of mine had too many and wanted to find new good homes ie. not chicken pot pies. I've always wanted a chicken and now that I'm in my 40's I finally have not one, but two! They live in the barn with my horses. They snuggle together at nights and keep each other company.

The cochin is the dominant one and he's a sweetie to me and my kids. The brahma has attacked myself and my 6 year old daughter. I don't like him. I've done the carrying around thing and it works for a couple of days but then he jumps on me again when I turn my back. I'd like to get one or two hens and get rid of this rooster.

My husband is not any help because he says it is my problem. I've advertised him as a free rooster on the super shopper and BYC. I am an extreme animal lover, can't kill a flea and most certainly not a rooster. And my daughter cries and says that she doesn't want anyone to hurt him (even though she's scared of him).

So...what can I do???? He's dangerous and has to go but what can I do with him? No one wants him.
sad.png

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

I am looking for a large rooster to help out my Buff Orpington Roo..

I just gave him 35 laying B O hens and he just cannot keep up..

will you deliver?? I am in central wisc.. I don't know where you are..

Unfortunately I'm in Ontario, Canada otherwise I would deliver! And he is a bantam so he's a small guy.

Keep him in a cage, like a rabbit cage or a parrot cage. You won't realize how this mini monster has been terrorizing you until you feel the relief of walking without trepidation across your yard. There really are so many nice mannerly roosters both big & small, I have zero tolerance for ones that attack. Keep advertising for a home for him, someone may be trying to breed brahmas. You might have better luck if you're willing to give him away no questions asked. There's nothing like a long soak in simmering broth to improve the disposition of a nasty rooster...

Whenever I have to sell any roosters that are mean I tell the buyers beforehand.
Some just like a challenge and want them!
And the "meanie" just might change his attitude in a different home....
For your daughters sake and yours, cage him till he is gone...
good luck...

Back
Top Bottom