How do I get rid of a weasel?

ruffedgrouse

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
I saw a weasel trying to stalk my birds this morning.
barnie.gif
I walked out the door and saw it and I turned back in to get the gun and it ran. Now I don't know when I will see it again. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Any Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

maybe one of those live traps ??

I am curious about this too as I think that we have a mink hanging around. It's so dry around here lately that we are seeing more and more wild animals coming close to home/coop.

Good luck!

I live in PA too and I don't know whether it was a weasel or a mink but since I have no eggs yet I thought it would be a weasel. I have live traps and leghold traps I could use to trap this thing. I don't know what to use as bait.

6 by 12 live trap baited with chicken parts should do it. The sooner the better. If you're going to shoot it you'd better be a crack shot and know your background because those critters are small. Good luck.

The weasels around here are pretty small - I don't know if it would even be heavy enough to trigger the trap. I wouldn't use a leg-hold anyway, just in case you catch something you're not trying to (dogs or cats).

Back
Top Bottom