How do I get rid of/reduce poop smell from Mallard ducklings outside house?

They will be good once they fly. Its the walking stages that are so dangerous for them. I'm not as worried about the hawks now that they are big. Mainly the cars & coyotes.

No, we've got to figure out how to keep these ducks safe if we can plus it would help you out. I'm thinking about the DNR (department of natural resources) might help?

Yeah. In CA it's the case of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help...". run and hide... Since they are close to fledging I'd wait and see what happens. If f&g comes out they'll probably put them in the park they escaped from. But they probably would take them.

We have an amazing wild bird rescue here. They helped me last year after a drake hurt Emma & they kept going after the babies. I had them come "rescue" one of her abandoned babies this year. She left it in the pool.... But its OK now being rehabbed.

Yeah. In CA it's the case of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help...". run and hide... Since they are close to fledging I'd wait and see what happens. If f&g comes out they'll probably put them in the park they escaped from. But they probably would take them.

So many people want to relocate ducks to the parks, not realizing that its so dangerous. We have to understand that they know better than we do, even if it seems crazy, lol.

Yes, she limped around for a while but we kept the drakes away. It probably would have been more stressful to move them all, so I decided to see how she did.

Back
Top Bottom