How do I get the lovely ladies to come out of the coop?

What does your run look like?
Places to 'hide'?

Sprinkling scratch on the ramp can help,
especially when you need to get them back into the coop.

If they don't go out on their own after a few days, I've been known to toss them out there.
Once a few go out, the rest will likely follow.
Thank you for the good advice! My run doesn’t have any places to hide, so I can definitely make some good changes there. To be honest, I didn’t even think of that. I’ll work on that aspect, and try sprinkling some of their treats on the ramp to see if I can lure them out.

Thank you for the good advice! My run doesn’t have any places to hide, so I can definitely make some good changes there. To be honest, I didn’t even think of that. I’ll work on that aspect, and try sprinkling some of their treats on the ramp to see if I can lure them out.

Here are some easy things to do to add useful clutter to the run: https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-“chickens-101”-articles-don’t-mention.76003/

@Mrs. K's Cluttered Run thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/a-cluttered-run.1323792/#post-21588571

Oh my gosh—THANK YOU! I was just going through pictures of coops and runs to see what types of things chickens like to play with! :). Very helpful!!!

Oh my gosh—THANK YOU! I was just going through pictures of coops and runs to see what types of things chickens like to play with! :). Very helpful!!!
when looking at the thread you sent I realized I needed to block off access to the space underneath the coop until they are trained to go back inside at night. Yikes! I know what I’m doing today!

when looking at the thread you sent I realized I needed to block off access to the space underneath the coop until they are trained to go back inside at night. Yikes! I know what I’m doing today!

Yes, when a chicken is hiding out farther away than you can reach it's a problem. Poking the chicken with a hoe to make it move is non-optimal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom