How do I get them to come outside?

newchickmom

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 8, 2007
Lafayette, Indiana
I have 26 9wk old Black Australorps. It is cold here now, but we still have some nice sunny days. I can't seem to get the girls (and guy) to come out into their new run for some sunshine. They have never been out of their coup, but stand next to the door, in the sun, when I go out to take care of them. I have an inner door that is chicken wire. I leave the outer door open when I am in there. I could only manage to coax out 4 of them and they stayed close to the coup and went back in pretty quickly. The rest just kept looking out of the pop hole but not taking that final step.
lol.png
They looked so funny all crowded up there trying to get a look.

Any ideas?

Mine are 29 weeks old and with this cold weather they hesisitate about going out some days. I would say put some treats out in the run where they can see them and give them time.
smile.png

Try making a trail of cracked corn from the coop to the run. Corn is a favorite of chickens. To make it more effective, remove the feeder.
wink.png
Or, carry them to the run and leave no escape points, so they don't have a choice but to have fun in the run(did I just rhyme?) Gwahaha...... :thun

Back
Top Bottom