how do I get weight on my chicks?

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
hi all,

I have 12 week old.. dark brahmas, barred rocks, 2 leg horn and 2 golden comets.. they eat but they dont seam to be putting on weight,, i have been letting them free range everyday that Im home.. I do keep a bowl of feed and water out in the shade for them if they want it.. they are all growing.. they seam to be filling out and becoming wider this week.. but when i hold them I still feel their breast bones.. their middles and fanny's are full and feel meaty but not their front part of their bodies? is this normal growing up?
I have changed their feed to the starter/ finisher bag this week.. instead of just the chick crumbles.. hoping that will help.. any other ideas? should I worry? whats the best way to put on weight?

thanks for some advice. )O(
Pink

You could always feed them the "junk" food of the avian world...corn...
big_smile.png

so were thinking Corn.. add corn to their diet.. can they eat can corn? is that the same to them? Ive allready bought my feed.; for the week.. anything else I can add to put on weight. i just worry that they are too thin or using all their feed to grow and none to fatten up with...
Pink

Back
Top Bottom