How do I introduce new peahens to existing flock?

Thank you for the tips. Day two was a little better, but I decided to move the aggresive male into a pen by himself so the new hens can feel comfortable in their new home. He is familiar with the run as it was his home for his first year. The 2 new hens, the 1 original hen, and the white male are all getting along just fine. Any thoughts about when or if I should reintroduce the banished male? I have the 4 Peas in a large geodome that is 23' high and 23' in diameter. Tha banished male (black shoulder) is in a pen 10' x 8' x10'.

Thank you for the tips. Day two was a little better, but I decided to move the aggresive male into a pen by himself so the new hens can feel comfortable in their new home. He is familiar with the run as it was his home for his first year. The 2 new hens, the 1 original hen, and the white male are all getting along just fine. Any thoughts about when or if I should reintroduce the banished male? I have the 4 Peas in a large geodome that is 23' high and 23' in diameter. Tha banished male (black shoulder) is in a pen 10' x 8' x10'.
You are going to have to do something about overcrowding your birds. 415 sq ft circle is only big enough for up to a trio of fully grown birds. The 80 sq ft pen you put the cock back into is half the space he should have. A mature cock displaying can be more than ten feet across. Maybe you can free range one of the cocks?

You are going to have to do something about overcrowding your birds. 415 sq ft circle is only big enough for up to a trio of fully grown birds. The 80 sq ft pen you put the cock back into is half the space he should have. A mature cock displaying can be more than ten feet across. Maybe you can free range one of the cocks?
Today is day three of having the two new hens. My white male is loving his harem and spreading his train more than I've ever seen. I don't see putting the banished male back with the group and based on the space needs (thank you KS), I think I'll build a new enclosure for the banished male and the older hen. They were coupled up already. I don't want to free range the Peas as I have coyotes living on my property. I really appreciate the advice I'm getting as this is my first experience with Peas.

Back
Top Bottom