how do I keep my chickens off my porch

Mojo Chick'n :

I gave her a piece of lettuce one day - she made it all the way to the steps before spitting it out and coming back with that look on her face like "where is my GOOD treat?"

meri

yuckyuck.gif

My banties hang out on my back porch aaaalll morning waiting for breakfast
roll.png
They would get on the back of my patio chairs and look in the windows until I moved said chairs....only for them to try to fly up and try to land on the non-existent windowsill
lau.gif

The girls just want oatmeal!
D.gif
And I just get to hose off my porch a few times a week. It's tons of fun during the winter!
roll.png

We have two bantam Cochins and two EEs, all 5 months old. They have free run of our backyard EXCEPT our deck. A glassful of water tossed in their general direction (just the water not the glass) has kept them off the deck except for two or three infractions. We don't have to watch our step on the deck at all, so even when we're not home, I know they're respecting our space.

When you get this figured out, please let me know as well!

When my teenagers are home, they run out screaming like banshees and the chickens leave. However, the kids are in school now, and hens just come running when they see me, no matter how much noise I make.
idunno.gif
Spraying off the patio is my only option. Luckily it's a brick patio.

Back
Top Bottom