How do I keep my Great Pryenees puppy from the road?

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
Hi, I need help. My Great Pryenees puppy is going down to the road and I took her around the boundry about 4 or 5 times. Also Koda has been hanging around the house more than the barn where the chickens are. Other than that she's great with the chickens. Just last sunday and monday morning I've found my baby chicks out of the coop and CURLED up with Koda!!!!! If I had the camera I would've gotten some pictures. And I found some blood on her and behind the coop I found the ground kinda torn up. I think that she fought a coon on wensday night. But she's been hanging out at the house more than the barn lately.

Can someone help me to encourage her to stay away from the road and back at the barn watching my chickens? How many more times do I have to take her around the boundry before she realizes that it's her turf and to stay away from the road?

Last edited:
fence...
hu.gif

i hear they are roamers.... good luck!

acdoc: I don't know if I can afford a electric fence and collar.

redhen: Only if I have the money can I afford a fence.

jerseygirl1: No she isn't spayed YET. I was thinking of breeding her just once when she's 12 to 14 month's old.

Yes I keep her outside 24/7 because I'm training her to be guard my chickens.

She's 6 months now. I just got her 2 weeks ago.

The post above me is correct, they are known for roaming, at 6 months, that may be way too young to keep her outside 24/7 without some type of confinement. Sorry. Truthfully, I wouldn't breed her either, they tend to become nasty after having pups.

Back
Top Bottom