How do I know if Quail are allowed in my area?

SpringChicken2

Chirping
Jan 8, 2017
Knoxville, Tennessee
I live in a neighborhood with a homeowners association and I have read all the laws about the animals and it says "No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, pastured, or maintained on any lot, except for household pets such as small dogs and cats..." I really want to have quail, but I am not sure if I can, and who I should contact to ask.
1f615.png

You probably should contact the homeowner's association, but I am very doubtful that they will say that quail (poultry) are allowed.

Also, I have a pretty decent size backyard, and I will keep the quail in a small area surrounded by bushes. So should I consider getting Quail even though I personally don't know if I can living in a neighborhood?

Well, that would be a personal choice. I also interpret the rule to mean quail are not permitted. It's up to you whether or not you want to break the rule. (No judgement here, I've got a feathered resident that is not permitted.) My female Coturnix make very little noise. They sound a lot like crickets to me.

quail a relatively quiet. even my roos can barely be heard from 40 ft away.

what are you going to house them in?

since you stated backyard surrounded by bushes a small chicken pen.

do you have a shed or garage?

if so put them into it in a small wire rabbit cage. then neighbors will never know.

but ask your Homeowners assoc. first.

but I'm a hard headed old person that does not have any use for homeowners assoc. don't like people telling me what to do on my piece of the earth.

I wouldn't care what they thought I'd get them if I wanted some.

I'm thinking about putting them in an walk in aviary that I will build. I have a garage, but I really want to keep them outdoors because i would be worried about the smell. I don't really see the problem with keeping Quail since they don't require much space and they are very quiet.
1f914.png

I really wish I didn't have a homeowners association so that I could do whatever I want and not have to go through so much trouble trying to get a small creature that could be considered a pet!
1f629.png

I live in a neighborhood with a homeowners association and I have read all the laws about the animals and it says "No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, pastured, or maintained on any lot, except for household pets such as small dogs and cats..." I really want to have quail, but I am not sure if I can, and who I should contact to ask.
1f615.png

I'd move.hahaha
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom