How do I make my chickens tamer?

I have 3 as well. 3 months old now. I think maybe two roosters and one hen but I’m not sure yet. I’ve had them since they were chicks and they’ve always had very distinct personalities. One is friendlier and will squack when I pick it up, but will settle in on my lap for a few minutes to get a back scratch or wattle massage... then off it goes
The one I know for sure is a rooster doesn’t like to be picked up or pet on but he’s really mellow right now and doesn’t make noises about it

my 3rd one since day 1 has been very high strung and I think has a chicken form of anxiety. If I even try to touch it it yells and is scared. Can’t even pick it up because it wiggles so much and hates it. It’s very skittish. Very observant though and seems to be very smart

i wish they loved to be held and pet because I love them so much! But they just don’t seem to like it so I don’t stress them out often trying to do it

I will feed them a snack and just sit nearby while they eat usually

for snacks mine love sunflower seeds or crackers. They like cauliflower and mashed potatoes and love eggs. And strangely enough they love clover that grows in the ground! I’ll pick up some and sprinkle it near me and they’ll come over to eat it lol

Back
Top Bottom