1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do I tell an eleven year old....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by caspernc, Jul 8, 2011.

1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    he has lost his little brother! The brother was not named yet but still at 20 weeks. Mom had to deliver the baby..... SO SAD. He asked if it could be a misstake? Really could a real baby come out..... No honey, the baby has already passed on. And god had his soul for us. Then he asked if mom would cry when she saw the baby? I told him mom had cried a lot of tears already for ALL of us.
    He went to the hospital and visited with Mom and was better, just too see she was ok....but also knows about the emotional part of it!
    WOW I'm just speachless.....again! This has been a killer year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Im so sorry [​IMG]

3. Chickens_in_a_nutshell

Chickens_in_a_nutshell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Montana
    [​IMG] My mother had many miscarriges before me, and she said once that maybe the baby comes back the next time you get pregnant,
    their soul just stays with God (like you said) till they come back. [​IMG]

4. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

It sounds like you said the right things to this young man.

God Bless you!

5. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Been there and done that. Nothing in this world is harder. Many people will not understand and will expect you both to bounce back like nothing happened; it doesn't work that way. Give yourselves plenty to time to mourn and heal, and be gentle with each other. My prayers are with you.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

7. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] I am so sorry... [​IMG]

8. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    [​IMG] Prayers are with mom and son both.

9. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    I lost my son at almost 21 weeks, I totally get it. Nothing in the world is more horrible or unfair, and really there are not words. No way to make it better. Grieve together, understand that grief not a straight line. Some days will feel good, months might go by and suddenly its as fresh and raw as the day it happened. That's ok. It gets easier, eventually. [​IMG]

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I am so sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by