how do i tell her no way?!

ha! my son found our water pump that i forgot we had and we are pumping it out right now. how i forgot about that thing, ill never know. we were going to go buy one this evening.
roll.png

well, i did tell her that if they mess up the foundation, the sell is completely off.
here is her last email
roll.png

"I don't know very much about plumbing or electricity, but I do know a little about foundations. A cracked foundation is a bad thing, assuming it's from the house shifting. I have some of that going on under this house, and we just bought a 40 ton jack to lift the house to fix it. If the hole is put under the existing vent skillfully, it truly would be no big deal. But, the operative words are "skill" and "small". A 2 inch rock drill on ###'s big DeWalt drill would do it with essentially no damage. Remember, I'm planning to pay for fixing this, but we do need to get after it soon."

yay! i told her that we are pumping the water out now so she dropped it
smile.png
smile.png
they really are sweet people but oh man, they will tear up anything they try to work on..
lol.png

INHP I think you are being taken, we sold our house without a realtor, just thru a title co. BUT due to Fla law we still had to show proff of termite inspection and proff of something else, really can't remember just what it was now, but before you buy have a repuable house instector, inspect the house. There is no telling what else he will find., and if you still want the house use the inspectors findings to deal down on the price. I do not believe in taking advantage of ANYONE, but so many people will, and you may wish 6 months from now that you had never seen the house. So many small problems can be covered over and not show up for a while, also we had to show a current title search and survey.we learned then selling on yur own is NOT as easy as protrayed to be good luck also, is it going to flood every time it rains? are you in a flood area? homeowners ins often does not cover certin water damage, and some mortage co's require you to carry flood ins, which is expensive untill you need it Why is the water there anyway? is there any sinkholes around? I'm not trying to discourge you but these are thing we have run into over the years marrie
WHY IS THE HOUSE SHIFTING?

Last edited:
noooo the house isnt shifting she was talking about her house
smile.png

we are going on 4 years of living in this house and we pretty much know what the problems are..she just has a horrible habit of trying to cheap out on repairs by using her husband as free labor!
other than this leak and the wiring my husband had to fix, its very sound..good rood, no termites, good foundation etc.
that said, we are going garage saling now!
big_smile.png

chickensducks&agoose :

75% of our outlets are upside down too

Don't assume this is a bad thing. A lot of outlets are installed 'upside down', that being with the ground at the top, because it is genuinely safer that way.

Think about it this way -

It's not uncommon for plugs to get pulled only slightly loose. Now, should something happen to fall or drape back where the plug is, what part of the plug would you rather it come into contact with, the ground, or the hot?

All of the master electricians I know insist on installing outlets 'ground up' in their own homes.​

Quote:
Don't assume this is a bad thing. A lot of outlets are installed 'upside down', that being with the ground at the top, because it is genuinely safer that way.

Think about it this way -

It's not uncommon for plugs to get pulled only slightly loose. Now, should something happen to fall or drape back where the plug is, what part of the plug would you rather it come into contact with, the ground, or the hot?

All of the master electricians I know insist on installing outlets 'ground up' in their own homes.

no, we had them checked out..and it was a dangerous situation! luckily my husband has experience with electrical work so we got them all repaired.
to give an example about this guy..their cat had had babies once, and he picked one of them up and was mewing at it, insisting that he spoke cat. he dropped the poor thing, killing it..and he insisted that it was ok and that it was "cuddling" with him.
roll.png

i mean granted, he may have just been trying to play off being a complete idiot, but i dont think so..hes got some issues.

If anything else comes up, you put it off on the lawyer, inspector and insurance company.

I'm so sorry, but our inspector caught the issue and the lawyer has his report and has read it. If the work is not performed by a licensed professional, our insurance could become null and void. Sorry, our hands are tied on this.

Quote:
If actually wired backwards, it is indeed. But, doesn't need to be 'upside down' to be wired improperly. Back when I was the default home inspector for my friends (I worked for tacos and could tell them if it was even worth getting a certified inspector) about 1 house in 3 had at least one outlet with the positive and negative reversed, and in at least four houses, every outlet had them reversed.

Worst 'do it yourself' case I ever saw? Somebody grounded their electrical to their gas pipe instead of their cold water line.

But, wired properly, ground up is safer.

Back
Top Bottom