how do i tell her no way?!

wow, i thought i had seen the worst!!
lol.png
maybe hes the long lost relative of this guy
lol.png

Quote:
I am a realtor, and without getting into the nitty gritty, its NOT YOUR responsiblity to fix this, and for gosh sakes, don't touch a thing. If something else goes wrong, then you know who is going to get the bill. REFUSE to close on this house, until you have it in writing, how, when, and who she is going to use to correct this problem. This is the problem when you don't used a realtor, and I am not blaming you. But, if you know a realtor, call them and just ask them for some answers, I am always happy to help someone, even if it means I am not actively involved, but for the most part we don't like seeing anyone getting taken advantage of in any real estate deal. We have contracts that stipulate who does what for whom, and nothing is done until what it says is done. I would stipulate in writing to her that NO ONE but a certified repairman will be allowed to repair the home, I don't care if it has nothing more than a chunk of paint hanging off it, NO one but a certified repairman should remove it. That way, if something is not right, you have someone to go back to that is guaranteed to make it right, or let's hope they are. This sounds shady to me, and you really need to get a carpenter or someone good to look underneath the house for underlying problems with this water. It probably just didn't start, and you may have black mold or rot and that is a whole nother' can of worms. Good luck, and let us know what is happening! I know you are really anxious to get your new home, but trust me on this, you won't be sorry taking an extra week or so finding out the answers to these questions.

no, she is going to pay for it..and we talked to her more tonight and the plumber is coming on monday!
lol.png

no, there is no way we would go through with this if she wouldve persisted and had someone knock holes in the foundation, no way.
if she wouldnt have turned her husband loose on this place, i think it would be perfect because the roof is good, the siding is good and everything is structurally sound..she just let him come over and experiment or something, whatever it was he did before we moved in. luckily my husband is decent at repairing stuff at least!

Back
Top Bottom