How do I word it? Continuing saga of evil lil SD#2

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My not so D-stepdaughter was over again yesterday.
    She's broke (big surprise!) and $700 behind on her car payment. She said she came to get her dad's advice on how to get a motorcycle that's technically not even hers, long story, up here from Texas so she can sell it to make the car payment. This less than a week after I read on her FB page about her buying concert tickets for her and a friend. [​IMG]
    Anyhow, when SD arrived both dogs ran up to her excited to see her. I noticed that she pet Jax (DH's dog) but shoved Kane (my dog) away. Once before, in the 5-1/2 months that Kane has been with us I saw her kick Kane and once hit him. Not hard enough to hurt him, but hard enough that Kane gave up on trying to be friendly with her and walked away. This from a supposed big animal lover. I feel really bad for the pup because he loves everyone (and I'd like it to stay that way).
    I brought it up with DH last night and he told me next time I see it happen, I should call her on it immediately. I intend to do just that, but how do I word it to her?
    My gut tells me that the next time I find her being mean to Kane I should just tell her that I won't tolerate it. That Kane lives in this house and she doesn't and if his behavior bothers her, the solution is simple; she can just not visit. Problem is, I don't want to go overboard and upset both DH and her older sister, whom I get along fine with.
    I'm tired of everyone excusing this girls behavior - poor, poor her - when she's really nothing but a spoiled lazy brat, with a mean streak.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Sounds like you know what to say. If she's mean, get meaner. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd ask her why shes being so mean to Kane...
    See what she says... then stand your ground..that it will NOT happen in your house. Period.
    If DH and older sis get mad.. too bad. Thats their problem.
    I dont think DH will though..cause he told you to call her on it...

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:LOL.. thats my motto...

5. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I would tell her, "it would be nice if you could be the person these dogs think you are. You know, someone they trust and love to see."

Then just let her think about it.

[​IMG]

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Awww, poor Kane. Give him a kiss and tell him I think he is more handsome than Jax. [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

OMG! Grit that's terrible. [​IMG]

I must be in a mood today.
    Tell her that a crazy imp from Seattle is ready to come down there and administer a beat down.

Imp

8. Sir Birdaholic

[​IMG]

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Follow her M.O., when noone is looking, kick her in the backside. [​IMG]
    Just kidding. Much like you, I feel like this, if you don't like my animals, DON'T come to my house. A person that doesn't like animals probably isn't someone I want to be friends with anyway.

10. Sir Birdaholic

easttxchick,
    Speaking of Mother Teresa,
    Meet Sister Mary Snoresalot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by