How do I....?

Or maybe I should use something else??
hu.gif

I used galvanized metal as the roof for my coop, and extended it out over part of my run. You use a special nail that has a rubber gasket that seals the hole where it penetrates. You can get at Lowes or Home Depot You are going to have to add some some framing across to lay the metal on.

I am attachng some pics of how mine went together

DSC01079.jpg

chickenpic002.jpg

Coopdownruntogo001.jpg

Coopdownruntogo002.jpg

Hi,
I actually covered my coop and part of my run with washers and wood screws (like you used to attach your hardware cloth) and some of the poly solar sheets with the waffle edge that are clear but with some sun shading capability that come in different lengths that you could probably figure out something from either your roof line to fence line or any thing you wanted, just keep in mind drainage. Some are better quality and won't discolor so whatever your pocketbook dictates. You can drill right thru the stuff. I suppose you could use a rubber washer if you really were looking for it to be water tight. Of course, I am in Fl, so I don't have issues with expansion or contraction either, but these pieces although you can get them in different lengths, they are not that wide and have to be overlapped. I hope this makes sense! They are kind of floppy so I would think you would have to frame out something to stabilize it.
Good luck!
Orchidchick

I built my coop about 1 foot off the ground, so they can go under it for shade. My run is wide open and I put a solar powered electric fence around it for around $60.00. I have an automatic door that opens and closes. It works off a timer and makes it easy to let them out in the morning and in at night around $150.

Looking at your coop I would probably just build an awning with a roost off the side around 3 foot high and angle it out to keep good drainage off and away.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom