How do they get meat bird eggs for hatching???

I am building up a laying flock with the intent of hatching some of the eggs to then raise as meat birds. The other eggs will be consumed.

The modern Cornish X birds are complicated hybrids. They do not breed true, but rather are the product of several different lines of birds that do breed true that are then crossed with each other to produce the terminal hybrid that we raise for meat. You can't produce them yourself unless you have those breeding lines (as many as four I believe) and they are not sold to the general public so far as I can discover.

I know
smile.png

Sorry I was just being silly the person before that post has given an excellent answer. Sorry for trying to be light hearted and have some fun. I did not mean to make light of such a serious question...
big_smile.png

A.T. Hagan :

The modern Cornish X birds are complicated hybrids. They do not breed true, but rather are the product of several different lines of birds that do breed true that are then crossed with each other to produce the terminal hybrid that we raise for meat. You can't produce them yourself unless you have those breeding lines (as many as four I believe) and they are not sold to the general public so far as I can discover.

what he said. You can get eggs from the big factory hatcheries IF you yourself area hatchery and start an account with them, but there is a minimum of eggs you must buy and it's a lot. My friend just went through this and I bought chicks from him this year - the exact same thing but with no shipping!​

Back
Top Bottom