How do they know?!

Amarisus

Songster
10 Years
May 14, 2011
Fallbrook CA
So just the other day I had my first hawk attack
hmm.png
it wouldn't have been so bad but it broke into the chicken run wich I thought was hawk proof. We have netting and plywood all across the top. But the wind had ripped some of the netting and it got in but couldn't get out
he.gif
so you can imagine how much of a pain that was
smack.gif
It killed one of my polish that had JUST started laying
rant.gif
So after that was all done and over with I hadn't expected any eggs for awhile what with the traumatic experience and all. Well when I went down there this morning there were nine eggs
th.gif
Thats the most I have ever collected in one day. I ran up to show my dad and my mom hears us talking about how many eggs there are and comes in saying "Of COURSE they would lay that many today! I just bougt some eggs yesterday!"
lau.gif
I guess they showed her
gig.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost polish.
sad.png
how did you get the hawk out? And did it only get the one? And that is murphys law working for ya right there! Glad to hear your chickens are doing well after such a traumatic experience!

Its ok I wasn't super attached to it or anything but its still sad
hmm.png
It only got the one, the others somehow all crammed into one little area to hide from it. I just left the door open and chased it out >.> I'm sure thats not legal but if I had called animal control by the time they had got there who knows what would have happened
idunno.gif
and its hard to think logically with your mom outside screaming at you "Its going to attack you It's going to kill more chickens do something!!" over and over lol

Honestly, I think I would have chased the hawk out, too. No sense in leaving it there to damage your whole flock! Sorry to hear that you lost one of the hens, but it's good that the rest managed to hide so well.

Lol ya they hid so well I thought that half my flock was just missing. I never thought that they could all fit in one spot lol

Back
Top Bottom