How do we manage to get into these situations? Collected another "Slightly Damaged Stray"...

Well, Gus is home and I finally have a few minutes to sit down at the computer and post some pictures. So here goes.

This is Gus the day the trainer dropped him off. He claims he got into this shape due to being "Worked"

Gus sharing food with Ella...HUGE STEP for Gus. HUGE.

Gus in the trailer, getting ready to make the trip to Florida. He loaded in the trailer for me with absolutely no issue. Dunno how he'd do with Terry, because we didn't try. I'll see how he does with others later...right then we just wanted him to load.

And finally, Gus in the pasture here. HOME!

This absolutely blows my mind. I mean, to my eye, Gus was still a little underweight when he went to the trainer. How the guy could think it was OK to let the horse get into this condition is beyond me. How he could think it would be OK with you to let the horse get into this condition - that I will never understand. What planet is this guy from, anyway?

This picture made me laugh. I assume this is Ella stealing a few bites from Gus's dinner after finishing her own. See the angle of her front legs? All of her weight is back on her heels; she's braced to take off if he moves a muscle. She knows she shouldn't be doing that. Ponies, huh?

And this, of course, is what all the fuss and frustration has been about. Your horses in your own pasture. Other than the condition of the horses (which I know is going to change quickly) this is about as serene as it gets.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Bless him, he is very poor isn't he, that trainer needs some of the same treatment, see how he likes it!! I look forward to seeing some pics of him looking better which I am sure he will be very soon now he is back with you X

Gus was still a bit thin...now he's back to square one. If not square zero?

Yes that was Ella stealing his food. An offense he'd have not tolerated a few short months ago.

Having him out there is truly worth all this aggravation. Although when someone asks me how much money I've spent so far? Well, that's an awkward time...we're rapidly reaching the 3000.00 mark. I could never have gotten here without Terry. I'm a very lucky girl.

I'm going to speak to my lawyer about the trainer. Mistreating my buddy might not hit him in the heart, but it will be hitting him in the wallet.

Yes he does. When he sees me, he's right there. Hard to get rid of sometimes. I had to pull a calf last night, and I had Gus and Ella nosing me as I did. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom