How do we manage to get into these situations? Collected another "Slightly Damaged Stray"...

Gus is going to have to be slightly sedated to do his hoof work. The trainer has been working with him, because I said I'd rather have him take his time with him than have Gus dread having his feet done and it be a big production every single time. We've been letting him go in his own time, but unfortunately he can't be really ridden until his feet are done, and he won't let anyone mess with his feet. So, the trainer called and asked for permission to lightly sedate him, just enough to calm him down and have him aware of what's being done....So he can realize we aren't going to hurt him. I told Alfred that I absolutely do not want Gus traumatized ..I'd rather take our time with him and let him do things in his own time.

Gus is going to have to be slightly sedated to do his hoof work. The trainer has been working with him, because I said I'd rather have him take his time with him than have Gus dread having his feet done and it be a big production every single time. We've been letting him go in his own time, but unfortunately he can't be really ridden until his feet are done, and he won't let anyone mess with his feet. So, the trainer called and asked for permission to lightly sedate him, just enough to calm him down and have him aware of what's being done....So he can realize we aren't going to hurt him. I told Alfred that I absolutely do not want Gus traumatized ..I'd rather take our time with him and let him do things in his own time.

awww... poor Gus

i know his feet looked horrible when you first got him..

He has to be feeling much better now too since he has been getting regular feeding and proper care.

These things take time, I'm glad you are not rushing him.
thumbsup.gif

Well, it's getting down to the wire. We have to pick Gus up in less than a month. He finally had his feet trimmed. Pics below.

Before:

After:

Gus!

Back
Top Bottom