how do we trap a weasel?

motherhen6886

Hatching
7 Years
May 20, 2012
My daughter has decided to take up poultry farming. At first, things were gre
at, now something has decided to kill all the baby ducks and geese, just the babies not the bigger ones. Last night 5 were killed in a cage. Just the necks were chewed up, they weren't eaten just killed. What would do this? We think it's a weasel but haven't gotten anything on the trail cam we have set up.

Thank you for all your help. It's nice to know that you find the death of my child's pets so amusing.

How big are the babies. If whatever it is dosnt go after your adults you may just move your babies inside. Other wise I would suggest getting a live trap and baiting it with something really nummy . If you catch something be very carefull not to get bitten drive it a good 10+ miles to an area without any close houese and open the trap and stay back till it leaves , putting the trap fairly close to some brush will help it have a hideing place to dart for . Id recomend gloves even though you shouldnt tounch the animal no matter what just in case . I hate kill traps by the way as you can never be shure what you will kill . Your child comeing home to someones dead kitten or some such is a horrible thing and poisons do the same thing. Good luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom