How do you advertise the eggs you sell?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tmoore8595, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tmoore8595

tmoore8595 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Jefferson County, Al.
    If you have extra eggs and want to sell them how do you advertise?

2. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I don't really advertise. My wife sells at work so word of mouth goes a long way. She will sell about 3 to 6 doz at work a week and there was a big bump around the holidays. I also sell to a woman who does Farmers markets, every week during the summer and fall, monthly Nov to April. She will buy anywhere from 6 to 15 doz if I have that many in. So work is an avenue, a sign if front of your house ,craigslist, local paper,fliers and roadside stand(or back of your truck) on a busy road. Check local and state laws before doing anything though.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I started out out giving my eggs away to relatives, friends & neighbors, but they would take free ones, but wouldn't buy them.

So I put an ad on Craigslist. Was answered by a baker who wants to buy all I can sell him every week. Then was answered by another chicken-owner who sells his at a local farmers market. So I wholesale all my extras to them.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    We live in a small town, so most of ours are sold by word of mouth or at church. But we do have a 'Fresh Eggs' sign in front of the house that helps.

5. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i have egg signs at the end of my road and one at the end of the driveway. i also sell word of mouth.

6. MedChicken

MedChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Virginia (Zone 7)
    I sell all of mine by word of mouth to co-workers. I made a facebook group (I know, my generation...) and the people who are interested in buying the eggs joined the group. When I have extras, I just post something on the group and I usually get a reply within an hour or two from someone who wants them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by