How do you all deal with it?!?!

I've not had to address the dust issue yet, but can tell it's getting to be an issue in the coop. When it was warm weather, I just had the windows open, so no big deal. But, since it's been cold and the coop closed up, I've started getting a dust build up. My plan is to do a MAJOR cleaning on the first 60+ degree day. Get out all the shavings/hay, and spray it all down with the pressure washer.

I have barns and that means dust and sprider webs and all that.
I just live with it and so do the critters. General cleaning maintenance and such but to me dust is inevitable.

I have a really hard time dealing with dust in my bedroom. I have to vaccuum the entire room at least once a day and I'm constantly wiping down my desk and other surfaces, etc. Every single item gets covered in dust no matter how much I clean. Once I get wood floor I hope it won't be so bad.

Quote:
Sorry!
lol.png
I should've said dust in the "coop"
wink.png
. Not in my room but yea
lol.png
I guess most of the people knew what I was referring to, but that's ok.

Coop dust? I don't worry too much, I just hate crawling through that dusty poo to retrieve an egg! Dust in the house? I have wood floors- would be great, but it all comes in the house on shoes; 3 big dogs don't help either!
The only resort is to keep a mask handy, and brush your clothes before you go in the house. Might want to leave shoes outside, too.

It's a pain, but just part of the fun around here!

Quote:
Sorry!
lol.png
wink.png
. Not in my room but yea
lol.png

Oh sorry, I meant that I have 2 ducks in my room at night (so its sort of a "coop") and I have 13 budgies in my room, so all the dust is coming from my birds.

I'm not sure how you'd deal with dust in a coop because I suppose vaccumming and wiping down objects wouldn't work very well (since I assumethe coop is made of wood that you can't really wipe and so is the nest box). I'm always wondered myself how you'd clean out a shed or coop.

Quote:
Sorry!
lol.png
wink.png
. Not in my room but yea
lol.png

Oh sorry, I meant that I have 2 ducks in my room at night (so its sort of a "coop") and I have 13 budgies in my room, so all the dust is coming from my birds.

I'm not sure how you'd deal with dust in a coop because I suppose vaccumming and wiping down objects wouldn't work very well (since I assumethe coop is made of wood that you can't really wipe and so is the nest box). I'm always wondered myself how you'd clean out a shed or coop.

Oh ok, I guess that works too. But at least you have a vacuum
roll.png

the only time its bothered me is when i lay new bedding, its hard to breathe, other wise, its a chicken coop, farm animals arent clean
wink.png

Helpful hint, take a 1x2 and screw a 8" piece of 1x4 on the stick to make a long handled rake and pull the eggs out that way. Mine always seem to lay in the far back corner and there is no way I am crawling in to retrieve a egg. I also use it to clean out the beading.

Back
Top Bottom