1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how do you bare the grief?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by caspernc, Jun 6, 2011.

1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    My friend just lost her son in a car crash. I'm having a hard time with it. How do you bury a child! [​IMG]

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    O.M.G. I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to your friend. She will need you now more than ever.[​IMG]

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Losing a child is a wound that never heals, you just learn to live with it. Be a friend to your friend, she needs it.

4. Nat the Brat

Nat the Brat New Egg

Jun 6, 2011
    Atlanta
    Tragic. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

What a horrid tragedy. Your friend will need you more than you probably realize right now. I don't think a parent ever gets over the loss of child.

6. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    Just be there for her. I have a very dear friend who lost her mother and her niece on Christmas eve. Right after they left her house. I waited before sending a condolence card just a bit. But I did send one. I also send her notes and cards here and there just to let her know I am thinking of her. I do not think a person ever gets over the loss, they just learn to keep going. I am often so lost for words, I cried and cried Christmas day for my friend and her loss. Just always let her know you are there for her , always will be. And if she ever needs to just cry , your shoulder is always there.
    [​IMG]

7. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. I lost my daughter in 2007. It still hurts, but eventually she'll have good days again. Just be there if she needs someone to talk to, especially if she needs someone to talk about her child with. That's what I have the hardest time with still. Talking about Madelyn is uncomfortable for everyone else it seems, but it HELPS me to talk about my daughter, so if she starts a conversation about her child after the fresh grief is done, talk with her.
    Praying for you and her and her family.

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh my. [​IMG] It just isn't suppose to happen this way, is it? I am awfully sorry for your friend, as well as for you. I wish I could do more than just offer you a cyber hug. [​IMG] My condolences to you and your friend.

9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Oh, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. You helped me, I'd love to help you, though I don't know how I could.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by