How do you clean your dishwahser???

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

i mostly use sponge power myself. in fact, been thinking about getting rid of the dwasher!

With all the ccoking you do Miss Jane how can that even be a thought?
I have only 3 of us to cook and bake for and with out my dishwasher I would be there for days washing by hand.
course having to sit and rest my back every 5 to 10 minutes doesnt help either.

I forgot to add that when cleaning my dishwaher I use a cup of real Lemon Juice, cleans it nicely and smells yummy too.

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

i mostly use sponge power myself. in fact, been thinking about getting rid of the dwasher!

With all the ccoking you do Miss Jane how can that even be a thought?
I have only 3 of us to cook and bake for and with out my dishwasher I would be there for days washing by hand.
course having to sit and rest my back every 5 to 10 minutes doesnt help either.

I forgot to add that when cleaning my dishwaher I use a cup of real Lemon Juice, cleans it nicely and smells yummy too.

Oh Gypsy I have heard of folks doing that glad to hear from someone who has I may try that myself.. Gota smell better than the lime-away. Thanks
smile.png

I
gig.gif
at the sponges I can't think about not having a dishwasher either
sickbyc.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Quote:
You'll have to ask MissPrissy. I've never used it in the dishwasher, but I put a tablespoon or 2 in the laundry. I also mix an unmeasured amount into hot water to scrub the shower head, faucets, and razors etc.

I NEED my dishwasher... I was raised with a dishwasher from an infant. Then I met my husband who had never had one. I had no clue how to wash dishes by hand and that was all he knew.

Now I finally have one again and I'm never letting it go!
It's an older model that came with the house but it's running strong!

Quote:
I've not used OxyClean in the dish washer, but as a laundry additive, I can not say I am impressed. comercials are way over rated for stains let me tell you.
maybe if you make a paste and put it on the more tougher spots it may work, then add more to thesoap dispenser and run , Im thinking it cant hurt anything anyways.

Do you have a lot of water rust? if so maybe use "The Works" for tub and tile, its the same principle inside the washer as a tub surround. but keep in mind" The Works" is caustic if it gets on your skin.
Iron out will clean a dish washer also but run it twice to insure all the product is out and off the walls.
personally I hate chemicals but if your moving out and it has to be picky span clean then I would go chemical and let the new people deal with it.

Quote:
I used to only wash by hand and once a monthish run the dishwasher just to keep it fresh. The City was offering household energy surveys for free and I took them up on it. One thing that really surprised me was that they told me running the dishwasher only uses 3 gallons of water!!! At least my one does and it's much more efficent than hand washing!
Works for me
thumbsup.gif

Can't spell today.

Last edited:
Personally, I have a phobia about sponges. They are the most disgusting, gross, horrid things. I use Handiwipes until they are falling apart and then toss them.

Sponges
sickbyc.gif

Borax for the dishwasher, ma'am.

Back
Top Bottom