How do you cook your pot roast?

My whole family LOVES LOVES my Pot Roast nobody liked it until I tried this receipe! I get to be the greatest mommy cook ever when I make it according to my 8 year old!
big_smile.png
I cook it in the crock pot

1 packet of dry ranch dressing
1 packet of dry italian dressing
1 packet of brown gravy or you can use 1 can of brown gravy...I like the packet best
1/2-1 cup of water

put roast in dump everything on top, put lid on, cook on low all day! This is sooooo good!!!! Infact I need to make it tomorrow! I do not add veggies I just cook them on the side....

Last edited:
I know!
I was certain I'd ruin the first one I ever tried, but now I use this method whenever I remember to buy oven bags along with the roast.

Otherwise I use the crockpot, just toss everything in with some beef broth, beer or wine & let 'er rip all day while I'm at work.
If I do this, I'll sometimes take the roast & vegs out and cover them to stay warm. Then put some egg noodles into the crockpot to cook while I do chores (feed chickens, feed barncat, feed horses...etc) in the juices left in the pot.
YUM!

I mostly do mine in the crock pot. I've also tried the oven a few times using the same cream of mushroom, onion soup mix and wrapped it all up in a tin foil to cook. My friend takes a frozen roast and does what a just mentioned and lets it cook all day at 250 degrees in her oven while she's at work. I just cant see leaving my oven on all day while I'm away from home though.

Last edited:
I take a frozen roast (I like a sirloin or Rump Beef) I sprinkle garlic, pepper, cajun seasoning, minced onions and a dash of olive oil. I wrap the frozen roast in tin foil. Then I put it inside a roasting bag and set on a pan in the oven for 8-12 hours. Depending on the size of the roast. I cook it at 250 F. It comes out completely shredded and tender. The leftovers make great Enchiladas or pulled beef sandwiches.

Quote:
This is dinner tonight the kids liking it sold me. My kids don't like very much:) Thanks everyone I subscribed to this as there was a sale on pot roast and I bought 5
smile.png
So keep the recipes coming.

Last edited:
I like to cook it in the crockpot for convenience factor, but love it in the oven also. Salt and pepper the roast. Place in the crockpot take some hot water and dissolve some beef soup base into it and pour that over the roast. Then add chopped onions over it (and sometimes carrots and potatoes). Let it cook away. Yum!

We must have gotten up on the same side of the bed. I am cooking my roast as I write in a granite roaster in my solar oven. I only season it with salt, pepper and rosemary. No water. It comes out fork tender every time and so delicious. I hold the seasoning so the next day the left overs make a meal of their own as bbq sandwiches.

Quote:
This is dinner tonight the kids liking it sold me. My kids don't like very much:) Thanks everyone I subscribed to this as there was a sale on pot roast and I bought 5
smile.png
So keep the recipes coming.

I hope you like it like!

Back
Top Bottom