How do you "Cull" quails??

I just finished reading that article/discussion and all I can say is WOW! lol That was amazing, it covered like everything! Thanks so much, I have it saved and will be looking back at it frequently. It is more focused on big-scaled gamebird farming, but almost everything said can be "toned down" to smaller breeders like myself. That was great, thanks again! I really appreciate it :)

Just putting it out there, but you said you want to make money with your projects.

It's kind of a debated topic (correct me if i'm wrong), usually you won't make a profit (size able) with quails.

Thank you for your opinion! I do understand that quails aren't usually a big successful way to try and make money (not many animals are) Lol I don't do my projects JUST for money, I also do it for the experience and having farm raised meat and eggs, that's why I usually just have my "projects" in pairs or trios :) If I do make good profit with my animals then I'm a pretty happy girl, but if I just make enough to cover the costs of feed etc. then I'm happy with that too. If I really wanted to make tons of money I'd get more breeders haha. Sorry, my posts are kind of long so I understand if you didn't see it, but I did say in one of my posts that the quails are more for my own personal consumption and if I am able to sell extra eggs or chicks on the side, then great! If not, than thats ok too. That's why i just wanted to start off with 2 groups consisting of 1 male and 3 or 4 females (to have different lines) and if they turn out to produce too much or not enough, then I will decrease or increase the amount of breeders I have to fit my needs. I'm just a college kid who loves being around animals :) I see these more as a hobby then a job or way to make money/a living. If I can make a couple bucks to pay for my own gas (save my parents some money) then that would be a bonus.

We make money by pretending we would have bought the quail we eat, that's alotta bang for your buck. Well, we actually make a decent amount selling breeding quads or egg laying trios with an occasional aviary type grabbing 20-40. But it probably wouldn't cover gas once you take out the feed and electrical.

My dad does that with his chickens and animals too Lol his wife complains about all the money he spend on feed but he's like "But look at all the money we're saving on eggs and chicken wings!" hahaha farming isn't usually the most profitable thing, and when you do make a good profit its because you had to work really freaken hard and have strict budgets

Back
Top Bottom