1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do you deal with a person like this? just a grr more then anything

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Frozen Feathers, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    On MySpace I'm in other animal forums (basically animal welfare). Well I posted picture of my chickens, saying this is how chickens were raised and some freak is trying to tell me how cruel it is to keep them or any pets. I tried explaining to this person that they free range by day are put in a coop at night because raccoons will eat them etc. Of course this guy says well, that's not nice how can you lock them in a room? :mad:

Yet when you look at the profile of this person they have a Chinese Crested (a very expensive dog) and when I pointed out that he was a hypocrite this person says that it's their girlfriends dog and he only lives with her. Ummm I'm sorry but if I truly believed that keeping pets was wrong I certianly wouldn't live with a person who doesn't. [​IMG]

Have you ever dealt with a person like this? How do you deal with someone like this????

2. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    Quote:Just ignore them, you will get nowhere trying to have a rational discussion with them. Plus it drives people like that nuts if you don't respond.

I not like he is going to see your point and say, "Gosh, I guess you are right!."

3. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    I would just ignore him. Some people are either so far right or so far left and no matter what you say, you'll never convince them otherwise.

Just curious, is this person also a vegetarian or vegan?

4. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    [​IMG] Always remember: if you get in a fight with a jack-ass, you'll probably get your brains kicked out!

5. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Ignore the troll - he's just trying to ruffle your feathers. He must have a boring life.

6. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    Wow Angie, those kinds of hypocrites are everywhere- as you pointed out they have the chinese crested but of course it's not "his".... it's always someone else's. It's just like any extremist, they twist everything to fit their own thoughts and circumstances, but very rarely do they have any real facts or the tolerance to see any other side.

Ignore this moron- you can't possibly educate this moron to the joys we all experience with our little feathered kids. Enjoy yours and block this idiot!

By the way, I saw you have silkies... I have some silky babies arriving Friday.... is there anything special I should provide them with? I've raised japanese bantam day-olds but I know silkies are a little more exotic.... I'm REALLY excited to get them.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Any time you read a comment like that, think "TROLL", and ignore them. It's how they get their yuks, by giving people anxiety. It's not worth your emotional energy!

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

YOU know you take good care of your animals, so who cares what some idiot from who knows where thinks?
    He obviously doesn't have a life... either that or he has chicken envy! [​IMG]

9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    if he really cared about not having animals "kept penned up" he wouldn't live with this "girlfriend" that has this dog penned up [​IMG]
    he probably can't afford to live on his own! [​IMG]
    just ignore his ignorance because he is going to argue you on every point. i wonder what he thinks about people that just rescue animals and nurse them back to health and that is all they do help the neglected and hurt! he probably would have some jack*** comment for that too! [​IMG]

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Send them pics of factory farms and say "shoo little fly, maybe you should go live outside in the woods so you aren't stealing the homes of wildlife" J/k Just ignore them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by