How do you deal?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ReeseTheChick, May 11, 2011.

1. ReeseTheChick

ReeseTheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    When you lose a chick? For some reason even though I haven't had them long it still feels like a shot to the heart, I just can't help the crying either. I always end up crying for a bit.. How do you deal?

2. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Just tell myself it wasn't ment to live here but was suppose to go to heaven instead. Sorry for your loss. It does get easier, but it's never easy.

3. ReeseTheChick

ReeseTheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Quote:But recently we lost one to cocci and we didn't even notice the symptoms (I can't believe I missed them) and I just keep thinking.. If I would have noticed they would have been able to live a full life :'| I dunno why I am so attached to them [​IMG] I have only had them 3 days.

4. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i get upset over the ones that never hatched. I end up burying the unhatched eggs... :'( it's always sad when one dies. I breed/raise goats too, and i lost 4/6 last year, have to keep telling yourself that you have others that still need you... i only lost one this year, and it was a still born, i think that makes it just a tad bit easier, only because you don't get the opportunity to see their wonderful personalities. I don't even know if that one was a boy or girl, didn't even look.

...If you need some cheering up, it's always a good excuse for another chick to show up! [​IMG] ... or 5 more chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by