How do you disinfect your waterers?

Luviae

Hatching
6 Years
May 5, 2013
What's the best way to disinfect your chicken waterers and how often do you do it? Thanks.

I try to clean my waterers at least once a day. I just take a scrub and scrub it until its clean. I have a small flock, so its not that much work, but if your have a large flock, you could soak the waterers until they are clean

I scrub and disinfect only once a week
hide.gif
, But change water immediately if soiled. I use washing up liquid then a poultry equipment disinfectant

I put venegar 1T /gal in many of the waterers. Think about all the things they poke their beaks into . . . PErhaps consider a different type of waterer, like a cup or nipple type.

I think it depends on how big your flock is. I rinse mine out every couple days or more if needed. I clean it with a light bleach solution every few months depending on the time of year. The summer is more often due to warmer temps.

I clean mine every 3 months. I have a contained system automatic waterer so it does not grow and green stuff and stays clean. When I do clean it, I use Apple Cider Vinegar.

I just have a small flock of 12 hens. At this time, we just use a regular plastic poulty waterer. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom