How do you find people to process chickens?

crosbygroup

Songster
13 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Northridge, California
I'm new to chickens and am not set up to process the birds. I'm not sure I could do it anyway. I would like to raise some meat birds for the family to eat, but I have no idea how to find someone to process them. We live in an urban area in Southern California. Does anyone have sugestions on locating people who process chicken?

craigslist. See if any are posted, or post that you are looking for someone.

Feed Store...call and ask if they know anyone.

Good Luck
smile.png

is there a mom & pop butcher or family store that sells fresh meat? That's how I found mine. I went to the local farmer's market and asked the butcher and he sent me in the right direction.

Also, if there is a poultry farm near by or a large scale puoltry producer int eh area, they may be able to point you to someone local who does it on a smaller scale.

Farmers markets, as a vendor, if you come to me and ask where I get my birds done I am happy to tell you.

Sounds like you may have found your solution. Good luck with that approach.

Another possible source of where to find a small scale local processor is to talk to your county extension agent's office, in the phone book under county government. You'd be surprised what they can help you with.

Back
Top Bottom