How do you get rid of a scar??

MissChikken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 22, 2013
Georgia, USA
Okay, so I had this weird pimple growing on my elbow, so I went to the doctor to check it out, and she gave me some medication and injected the pimple with some stuff, and it got better in around two weeks. The thing was, it left a scar, and the pictures below are my actual elbow. The weird pink stuff is actually a scar.

How do I get rid of it?? I don't think

cocoa butter won't work on this...

The mederma and scar zone gel cream helps.Sold OTC. You can check the ingredients of the OTCF creams to buy those things if you did not want to pay for the cream.Some were expensive,but it goes a long way.There are a few brands.

The other thing I am thinking is you can have the scar cut out and the skin re-sewn better.To make it just a line.

Some doctors do a way better job and can do it in such a way that there is just a little line. I had that on the face.Doc did a good job.

I have a circle like yours on my shoulder from a different doctor. I have one on my leg that has a gap and lines from the stitches.That was the worst and done by a derm doc.You would think they do better,but not always the case. The cream helps.Staying out of the sun during healing.Making sure the cut is together during healing,but not TOO tight.

The mederma and scar zone gel cream helps.Sold OTC. You can check the ingredients of the OTCF creams to buy those things if you did not want to pay for the cream.Some were expensive,but it goes a long way.There are a few brands.

The other thing I am thinking is you can have the scar cut out and the skin re-sewn better.To make it just a line.

Some doctors do a way better job and can do it in such a way that there is just a little line. I had that on the face.Doc did a good job.

I have a circle like yours on my shoulder from a different doctor. I have one on my leg that has a gap and lines from the stitches.That was the worst and done by a derm doc.You would think they do better,but not always the case. The cream helps.Staying out of the sun during healing.Making sure the cut is together during healing,but not TOO tight.
Thanks, but I actually have both Mederma AND Scar Zone, and I've been using that for about two months now. It's not really helping.

most of the scr medications have some form of chemistry which is derived from onions. The old way to fix scars what with fresh onion skin. you can peel one, and hold the piece on with a gauze and tape

From the first picture it looks like the mark is sunken in. If so that is most likely from the steroid which was injected. This will usually return to normal by 3 months.

The redness will also take some time but will also fade.

As far as over the counter scar treatments, they don't work. The exception are silicon gel sheets, which keep pressure on the scars. This reduces hypertrophic scars and keloids, the scars that protrude above the skin. Vitamin E has been shown to increase by 30% the risk of raised scars. Mederma is of no benefit.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom