how do you get rid of telemarketers?

Quote:
My last name has two Z's in it.. it weeds out the telemarketers every time.
I don't get calls anymore though since I signed up for the DNC list.

Nancy

For some reason few people can correctly pronounce our last name. No idea why. It isnt hard, just slightly unusual. Not overly long or short. Not too many consonants or vowels.
But if they cant pronounce it I dont talk to them.

Quote:
That would be found here:

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

I have this saved to my favorites, as it is the most hilarious thing ever! IMO anyway
gig.gif

my favorite thing is
I say "do we owe you any money"

they say "no"

I say "good let's keep it that way" and hang up.

I give to local charities, veterans and children in town through the local police

I once got a call from MADD and when I told the woman that my husband was laid off and we had no extra money she said and I quote
"good I hope the next drunk driver hits one of your kids"

I will never give them anything

The only one we keep getting is for Columbia Gas. We keep telling them that there are no natural gas lines down our road, and we even told them we would be very happy to get natural gas if they would come pipe it down our road (since people on the road 500 feet from us DO have natural gas).

We've asked them to put us on the DNC list, but they still call. I've asked them to note that we cannot get natural gas here, unless they run a pipeline, we still get called.

Last time they called I said, "I just put the funeral home on hold. My husband's body was lost. Do you mind?" They hung up in a hurry.

I've got a good one for yall, lol
We get a lot of bail bonds calls because appearantly our phone # used to belong to a bonds office called 'eagle bail bonds'
It's gotten so bad that I have a WORKING bailbonds number memorized, but the last call I got the person got very rude and started yelling at me
Like it's my fault that the phone book hasn't taken the # and business out or that they used a number out of a phone book from 2 years ago. So...after about 10 mins of being patient w/ some crack head that was ticked because they got the wrong number (even though I suggested a newer bail bonds number THAT WORKS) they got the air horn
muahahahahaha

I agree with if they cannot pronounce my first name correctly, or still call me by my maiden name, i do not talk to them but I digress, I have started answering the phone, meaning, just turning it on, and putting it down on the table. I do not hang up until I hear the beep, beep, beep sound. Saves me a lot of aggrevation.

Sometimes I do want to answer for giggles and the ones i like are the ones for windows and siding and such. I got one one time that asked if we had siding and windows on our house, and I said yes and they said okay well thank you and hung up.
Now, I am pretty sure that MOST houses have windows and siding, but maybe thats just me? They pretty much cannot top what we have anyway, we have Andersen windows and concrete siding and a metal roof, we are pretty well set.

Once, (Quite some time ago) DH answered the phone and it was a telelmarketer and he wanted off the phone but is too polite to people. Me, being not so, screamed in the background "OH MY GOD! THE CAT IS ON FIRE!!!!" Now, hubby barely able to contain his laughter, had the lady on the other end ask "Uhh, do you need to go?" He said yes and hung up. We about peed ourselves from laughing so hard. Course, we have a cat that regularly catches himself on fire...but thats another topic altogether......
big_smile.png

Ask them "Can you hold on for a sec" then set the phone down and leave them there to ponder their thoughts for the day. They usually give up within a few mins.
barnie.gif

If they ask for "jon doe" or whoever, tell them he just passed away earlier that day. Morbid I know, but they can't get off of the phone fast enough.

Do not call list, obviously.

You can have fun with them if you can think fast enough. I once got one to say she lived in my city. I then explained my kids were selling raffle tickets from school. Did she want to buy any? We could not negotiate a deal.

Once, one called at supper time. As soon as I realized what it was, I agitatedly said "I thought you were the doctor calling back" and slammed the phone down. He never called back.

Back
Top Bottom