how do you get rid of telemarketers?

i love telemarketers!
i will prattle on and on and ask personal questions and be annoying until they are begging me to shut up!!!
lol.png
then i use star 69 and i call them back!

lol.png

mom'sfolly :

The best way to get rid of telemarketers is to have a last name with a "q" in the middle of it. If they can't pronounce your last name you just say "nobody here by that name" and hang up. Yep, buy yourself a last name with a "q", then you don't even have to lie to them.

My last name has two Z's in it.. it weeds out the telemarketers every time.
I don't get calls anymore though since I signed up for the DNC list.

Nancy​

Anyone ever get this one " Were calling to inform you that the order you made ___________ months ago of ____________ was shipped yesterday." This is part of the new scam to get around the do not call list. It seams to be aimed at the elderly.

Last edited:
Quote:
My last name has two Z's in it.. it weeds out the telemarketers every time.
I don't get calls anymore though since I signed up for the DNC list.

Nancy

My family name is Malies
and nobody pronounces it correctly

Quote:
I agree, I had to do it once to feed myself and my daughter...not a fun way to make a living. Don't be rude, these people are just doing their job.

Alot of the calls are not even from real people any more, my suggestion;

www.donotcall.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
Or or or when they ask you to buy something or renew a subscription or whatever you say "I'm sorry could you call back later I'm performing open heart surgery on my daughter."

Quote:
I get skip tracers looking for the people that lived here over 9 years ago.
I know they think I am lying when I tell them they dont live here anymore. But geez.

Back
Top Bottom