How do you get the pulp out of wild persimmons?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by charmed one, Nov 3, 2008.

1. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

We just picked a bunch of wild persimmons from our trees in the back pasture. I messed with a few of them yesterday but could not seperate the seeds and skin from the sticky pulp.[​IMG] I had goo from my fingers to my elbows![​IMG] I have great faith in BYC that there is someone out there that can help me.[​IMG] Y'all have done alittle bit of everything![​IMG] A few good recipes would be great too!

2. luvbeagles

luvbeagles Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2008
    Glasgow, KY
    I always use a Foley food mill. It takes alot of elbow grease but it is worth it when all the work is over. Since I am off work for election day, I will be processing our wild persimmons today. This year has been a great one for them.

3. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Hey luvbeagles:
    [​IMG], Happy to have a newbie we are. I love persimmons and yes they are fanastic this year [​IMG]

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

YUCK! I hate those things! All I remember as a child was running through the back yard of my grandmothers house and if you ran too close to the tree SPLAT! persimmon goo between your toes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by