On average what are the main ways you to hold chickens?

• Hold their whole body, pinning their wings to their sides (the "normal" way)

Votes: 62 81.6%
  • By their legs, upsidown

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • By their tail feathers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Showmanship style

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • By their wings, one hand holding each wing

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other, please explain below

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I lift them by putting hands around them, holding the wings to their body, then normally tuck her under my arm sometimes with a hand under her feet. they seem most comfortable that way, unless i tickle their feet. this can be a challenge when i have two that insist on being carried to the coop at night

I pick them up with 2 hands, fingers down, sliding each leg between my fingers, thumbs up over each wing. I bring the hen up next to my chest and pin the inner wind against me and and hold the other wing firmly, football style I guess, feet dangling usually, trying to not put pressure on keel bone(chest). Spoiled chickies :)

I tuck a hen under my armpit with my hand supporting the keel bone (didn't know that's what it's called until this questionnaire). I can carry one under each arm that way. They are very gentle.

I hold the hens the normal way, but the roosters I hold by their legs upside down just until they calm down then I hold them normally. The Bantams fit in my hand held gentlly against my body

It might be what one called "football". So they don't freaque at not being either flying or standing, I hold them against me so their feet can grab my shirt.

i have one that i have to do this or hold feet with because if her feet dangle for even a moment she flips out, she also like to squirm higher and higher up until she is nestled in my neck under my chin

if i am just moving them around i like to do the two hands all the way around torso and wings and vertical so thier legs stick forward and then you can place them on a roost or whatever and slowly let go without getting whacked by a flapping for balance

Back
Top Bottom