How Do You Keep Silkie Chickens Clean

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I wash my Silkies feet in Woolite, once a week. It works really well.

Welcome to BYC, there is a thread called something like "Grooming and Bathing silkies for show." You could take from it any part that would work for your needs. There are several silkie threads as well - my favorite is just called "Silkie thread."

Generally silkies can get messy during the day but by, bedtime, the dirt has usually fallen off or been preened away, and they look fluffy and clean again.

Deep clean bedding and no contact with the ground if you wish to keep them clean.
I would like to have them clean for when i sell chicks people like to see the older ones. my Buff stays clean somehow. My Black hen you cant really tell. But i dont think they will like it if I kept them off the ground in a cage. I doubt it would be healthy to wash them every few days. I guess I well just have a dirty happy chicken.

Back
Top Bottom