How do you keep up???? I am over my head...

Paws2u

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Carrollton, GA
I am getting 9-11 eggs a day and are having a difficult timing keeping up with when the eggs were laid. I am trying to sell them; I have a dedicated refrigerator just for the eggs; but, I am not able to sell them as fast as my girls are laying. So....can anyone give me an idea with how you keep up. I am going to have to give some away, I suppose. I guess I might have gotten in over my head. Thanks for you help. I truly need it.
hide.gif

How about giving some away to friends, family, coworkers, church, food bank, mens/womens shelters, senior center, ecumenical kitchen...

Does that help?! Congratulations on all the eggs.

Michele.

Sell egg 'subscriptions' ... (be sure to tell folks that sometimes they don't lay as much as other times, so you're off the hook if they don't lay for any reason) In addition to your regular sales... If you're really overrun with eggs, give an extra dozen here or there to your regulars, they will love the idea of being able to forward them to a friend, who may in turn become a customer... that sorta thing

Good luck!

I was in the same boat and went to the local health food store. They love local, free range eggs. After the second week I found I couldn't keep up with my local orders. Nice to have an outlet when the ladies get overproductive.

also, once in a while, you can scramble some up and give your chickens a treat! They will love it!

I seem to get a lot of eggs and them..boom.. they are gone.
Every now and then I give some to family and neighbors that
do not buy them from me normally. (I don't charge family anyways)
also....

Egg salad takes quite a few eggs to make! It's almost time for me to make some here.

Last edited:
Make the fam eggs for breakfast every morning, make quiche, it freezes great. Find lots of recipes that use alot of eggs. Try here www.allrecipes.com , great site. Try giving some to people you know, who are not already customers. That may get them hooked on your yummy eggs and make customers out of them. That's how I was "converted". My neighbor sells eggs, never bought em, never wanted to. She had extra and gave me 18 one day. I was kinda "grossed out" by it, don't know why.
roll.png
When I finally cooked one up and ate it, it changed my thinking entirely. I have not eaten a store bought egg since. Tomorrow I start my own coop and have already purchased 25 chicks to be delivered June 29th. So share the eggs, spread the joy, and you just might end up building your little business. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom