How do you keep your bator empty??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Jul 8, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I made a second bator so I would have a hatcher because I staggered a hatch. Well, now that one is done, I had an empty bator. Of course I couldn't keep it that way, so I now have about 3 dozen eggs coming in this week. My eggs in the bator that are here now, are on days 10 & 11. I just know that after they hatch I will have a heck of a time keeping it empty. So, how do YOU keep your bator empty
    Krista

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I keep both mine empty by running out to feed 4 growing out pens of blue/black/splash and buff orps...plus a henhouse of adult orps and brahmas...thats a days work!!...thats over 60 some chickens to take care of and about 100 that were sold!!...whew...

So I cleaned the bators and put them in the back of the closet!!... now I'm relaxing!...lol

3. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Yep Ive been on the wagon for about 3 weeks. I just cleaned mine up and havent done anything yet, however I thought about letting my kids hide them because if they do I cant never find them. I am done till November as far as I know. I only have and hatch Dominiques. [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Dont know mine is pretty much filled since i got it.
    After the ducks hatch i will hatch my own quails.

5. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    What good is an empty incubator? Can't hatch anymore adorable peeps that way!! I have learned how to keep mine empty, I just wear it out, but the problem with running a store, is there are so many more on the shelves to choose from!!! the DW swears I am going to "hatch out" all the profit. Heck who needs profit, lets just hatch some more chicks, or ducklings, or goslings, or .....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by