How do you keep your ducks warm?

People have been using down feathers from ducks and geese to make warm jackets and blankets for themselves for centuries. That same down keeps the ducks nice and warm. I am with Weeg, and would not add an electric heater. On really really cold nights though, you can fill a large bottle (like a milk jug) with hot tap water. As the water cools, and eventually freezes, it will give off heat. You can also buy a cheap, remote thermometer. I think I paid $10 at Walmart. You then place the probe in the duck house and the receiver in your house. Any time you are worried you can check the temperature by the ducks. I was surprised, using mine, to find the house many degrees warmer than the outside air.
Heat lamp you find them in tractor supply co

Please....before even thinking about adding a heat lamp look up coop fires.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threadloom/search?keywords=Coop+fire&tab=0

That’s why some people use heat plates they cost 65 dollars they-keep ur pets warm and they don’t cause fire I use heat lamp I never had any problem with it but if ur worried you can use heat plates also found in tractor supply co but they cost more 65 to 40 dollars but they do last a Long time. Also I keep my chicken in my house until there old enough to go in coops also to stops learning disease so I can keep them clean and enviermnet clean.

I agree. I think a good question to ask is often:

What do wild ducks do?
In wild ducks have mama to keep them warm in human hatched they have nothing to keep them warm warmth is the most important thing to a chick or a duck because they don’t have feathers they can’t live without warmth they die from coldness which causes reapo infection some even freeze to death 70 deg to human may seen warm but too cold for baby ducklings less than 2 weeks if ur worried about fire use heat plates there more expensive than heat lamp heat plates cost around 40 to 65 dollars they do not cause fore at all there safe and they keep the ducklings warm :)

In wild ducks have mama to keep them warm in human hatched they have nothing to keep them warm warmth is the most important thing to a chick or a duck because they don’t have feathers they can’t live without warmth they die from coldness which causes reapo infection some even freeze to death 70 deg to human may seen warm but too cold for baby ducklings less than 2 weeks if ur worried about fire use heat plates there more expensive than heat lamp heat plates cost around 40 to 65 dollars they do not cause fore at all there safe and they keep the ducklings warm also none should be putting there young ducklings or heat lamp in the coop. or Even put a duckling in the coop cause when animals are young the have a weaker immune system so that also byt ducks are known for strong immune system but they will die without heatlamy

That’s why some people use heat plates they cost 65 dollars they-keep ur pets warm and they don’t cause fire I use heat lamp I never had any problem with it but if ur worried you can use heat plates also found in tractor supply co but they cost more 65 to 40 dollars but they do last a Long time. Also I keep my chicken in my house until there old enough to go in coops also to stops learning disease so I can keep them clean and enviermnet clean.
Also most people use heat lamps they don’t seem to have any problem but a coop so more sensitive I don’t suggest putting heat lamps in coop

Back
Top Bottom