How do you keep your Rabbits water from freezing in the winter???

mmajw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Maine
How do you keep your Rabbits water from freezing in the winter???

I have heaters for the chicken waterers but not sure what to do about the Rabbit.......

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Alot of places sell those heated water bowls, I have one for my chickens, under 20 bucks..probably even walmart, mie came from Petsmart...from everything I read on this forum last winter..that was the best option. good luck
wink.png

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I actually keep hard plastic water bowls in the hutches and change the water two to three times a day. I didn't really have too much of a problem with the water freezing quickly last year and they will break through a very thin layer of ice to get at the water.

Smoky73

Lyon Master
14 Years
Feb 8, 2007
Colorado
I saw some rabbit water bottles at my feed store the last time I went that were heated, they hang like all the other water bottles but have an electrical cord on them to plug in.

mmajw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Maine
Quote:
That was what I was wondering if they have. He is use to the bottle waterer not a bowl.

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Quote:
That was what I was wondering if they have. He is use to the bottle waterer not a bowl.

Just a note on the water bottles, if your rabbit suddenly isn't drinking as much as normal or what the weather calls for (i.e. if it's hot out=more water) then give them a dish. At our local fair this year there were some rabbits that weren't drinking. The owners were told to give them a dish and they drank. I guess it's comon for this to happen.

Top Bottom