How do you keep your whites......... well white?

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I just bought a pair of white capris and the matching white jacket... its a really nice outfit bit I am afraid to wear it. I am the biggest slob know to man.. if i am eating something.. I always feed the "girls" directly... I always end up with something on my shirt
wink.png

So other then the obvious of pre treating stains .. how do you keep your white clothes white

I have read that bleach turns them yellow

hard water turns stuff brown

washing with other items that tend to be dirty like socks will turn whites grey

I do have hard water and I cannot install a water softener.. landlord said no.. to much retrofitting to make it work

My mom said to use borax but thats a powder and apparently not very good for high efficiency washing machines

I have read about using the hottest water possible

what else can I do?

Definitely bleach...but not too much of it. I've never had it turn anything yellow. I'm such an eating slob that I just buy cheap shirts/blouses so I can throw them away when they get spots that I can't get out...which is frequently!
big_smile.png

Me too.... I am the one that will find the spot on the bench that has the only smuched berry on it and have a seat... I am so afraid to wear white but i could not resist this outfit

What about that blueing agent that you see in grocery stores? its in a smaller bottle. I've tried that before, and I think it did work. But, like everyone else is saying "small amounts of bleach" My washer has a dispenser that I'm guessing (hoping) waters it down while going in.

Spray n wash on any stains, then bleach.

I bleach EVERYTHING that is white, towels, washcloths, underwear, socks, sheets, etc......all of my white laundry stays glowing white.

Back
Top Bottom