How do you let them go?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ccrichard, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ccrichard

ccrichard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Loxahatchee, FL
    Ok so I hatched some (20) babies for my sister-in-law, how hard could it be? Just chickens right?
    OMG I cried like a little girl as I was loading those babies in that box. I even called twice to make sure they were doing ok on the ride home.
    I love hatching and raising babies. I really didn't think it would be this hard. [​IMG]

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww that is so sweet. Reminds me of when Phoebe on "Friends" was surrogate Mom to triplets and gave them to her brother. It's nice of you.[​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I only brooded chicks bought at the feed store, but I just cannot bring myself to get rid of the 3 bantam roosters... plus there's a fourth one a few weeks younger than those extra roos. *sigh*

The LF pullets find them obnoxious, but my LF rooster, Carl, keeps them in line. Without even trying to kill them or anything. Given that they're not endangering themselves, I just don't wanna give 'em up.

See, it's obvious *I* can't let them go.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very difficult to give up chicks. They are cuter than kids!

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    i am with ya, I don't know if I can do it either. I have 2 banty hens that hatched me 18 chicks, 1 passed away so I have 17 but I don't know if I can part with any. [​IMG] will wait and see they are 4 weeks old now. If I knew they were going to a good home I think I could part with a few. [​IMG]

6. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    This is why since March I have about 100 chickens. No one can take care of them like I do and I'm addicted to being a "mommy" every 21 days lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by