how do you like your eggs?

I like it when mine have a shell on them.

Those squishy non shelled eggs freak me out.

Glad my girls have all found the free choice oyster shells.

Oh, you're talking about cooking them!!

Nevermind.

Rosan Rosanadana's cousin, Mahonri

While the eggs are scrambling, I put two Mexican tortillias in the toaster and chop up some cooked pan sausage (preferably deer sausage). When the tortillia turns brown and puffs up I lay it flat on a plate and spread sausage and scrambled eggs on one end. A little salt and pepper and a dash of Tabasco hot sauce if you prefer a HOT breakfast then roll the tortillia up with the egg and sausage inside. Two of them make a FINE breakfast along with a good cup of coffe. Then I go outside to work in the chicken yard!

We like eggs in bed-aka popeye,german,nest. My grown son calls them eggs in a window ? I use two slices of bread buttered, a piece of cheese (anykind you want)between the bread- cut the hole- depending on what you use to cut the hole you can sometimes put two eggs in. Hubby likes them hard I like them soft.

poached ,scrambled, deviled--yummmy!!!
clap.gif

thumbsup.gif

Over easy fried in bacon grease, over a bed of crispy hash browns with peppers and onions, some diced ham and mushrooms. Oh, and a sprinkling of shredded cheese and some hot sauce!!!!

eta a close second is scrambled with sour cream and served with big slices of ripe avacado on top
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I just bought a fantastic cookbook, The Farmstead Egg Cookbook by Terry Golson. It has some great suggestions for meals. I just made her Steak and Eggs with Shallot-Garlic Butter. It was very good. Last night I made my first batch of machine made mayo. I don't think I'll be going back to the whisk again. It took about a minute and came out perfect. One of my favourite 'I need to use up some eggs' recipes is to boil a couple of artichokes and make them into cups, fill with a couple of soft poached eggs and top with a quart or more of hollandaise. The first time I made hollandaise with farm fresh eggs, I knew I would be getting chickens. You couldn't break that sauce with a baseball bat.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom