How do you monitor/measure the humidity and how do you control it?

i am looking at bators online.... which do you have.... Where did you get your hygrometer? and how do you install it?

THANKS!

I use a digital Springfield model I got at walmart for like $7. It has temp and humidity on it.

I try to keep it at about 50-55% day 1-18 and then up it to the 65-75 range for the hatch. I use sponges to make it wetter, and of course, keep the bottom filled as well.

Good luck! Christina

Quote:
I have a Hovabator genesis. (1588) I bought a honeywell on line, keeps track of temp and hymidity, with a sensor you just put on the rack in the bator.
I also have a fluker which tells temp and hymidity - I like to have more than one so I can compare the two.

Quote:
I have 2 Little Giants 9200 Still air models with the automatic
turners.

If I had to do it over, I would have gone for the extra $$ and got the ones with the fan to circulate the air.

I think I bought one off of ebay. The other I got at the local Feed STore

Christina

Quote:
The eggs that come from my own hens have a 100% rate. I just started hatching them out, and in the three batches now, I am 6 for 6.

The last shipment that came...out of 12 eggs, 2 were discarded on day 10- no development. 9/10 hatched, so 90%

Not too bad. I am getting better as I go. And now I will only get eggs from people I know well and have a good repuation. I am done with ebay eggs.

Christina

And, yes, the hygrometer is just a small thing and I set them (usually 2 in a bator to double check readings) on top of the turner or in an empty egg spot)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom