How do you pass the time?

mrs_woodguy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
My first set of eggs has just pipped. Only two of them, naturally under the cutest little hen. So how do I stay away and not keep peeking for the chick? This is possiblythe hardest thing I have ever had to do (at least in a very long time). This is worse than waiting for the ketchup to get out of the glass bottle..... time is just standing still.

Yesterday mine starting hatching (like early morning hours before I even got up) and I got up fed the chickens and gave them water and my husband and daughter left. So after they left there was a lot of yard work to do. I had to mow the weeds and weed eat. By the time I got done I went to check on the other chickens again and then I was so tired. Came in and there was lots of chicks born in the mean time. I got on BYC. Kept me away from the incubators. I had 50 eggs go into lockdown and am now down to 18 left with one more soon to hatch out. Mine wasn't really due to hatch until today or tomorrow but this has been a great weekend.

I hope you have a great hatch too. Today to pass time off I am doing housework.

I have cleaned the bathroom, done some laundry gone to the grocery store and filled my car up with gas.... this is driving me crazy. I am so excited I can't stand it.

yuckyuck.gif

Seriously...my eggs haven't even ARRIVED yet. I won't be setting them till probably Thursday. I have nearly a MONTH to get through.

I need another hobby, one that provides a little more instant gratification.
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I have posted more in the last 18 hours on BYC, SS, and my FB account than I have in ages! (the bator is next to the computer). I researched rabbits and read about my county extension office workshops. I had to drag myself away at 2am to get some sleep, but i was back at 6.

I need another hobby, one that provides a little more instant gratification.

ditto x 100​

Two things: Visit BYC, and have chicks already in the brooder(s) from earlier hatches, so I can go spend time with them! (Time passes pretty quickly with little cheepers to admire and/or with which to play.)

Fallback options: Go to Starbucks for an hour or two, to drink coffee and read the Kindle, or to log onto BYC to pass some more time.

Last edited:
The fill up with gas was eased by the fact I spent a fortune at the local grocery store and actually got 50 cents off each gallon of gas. Which made the gas almost close to just regular expensive.. not the crazy have they lost their mind expensive that it is normally. Starbucks delivered and consumed, dinner fixed, eaten and cleaned up.. and still I wait. I hear it can take up to 24 hours I am not sure I can take the wait. This has been an incredibly long day. Maybe if I go to sleep in the morning all will be well. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom